Help us promote the competition! Share the information about the Europeana Education Competition 2020 within your networks!
Suggested messages for social media
#Teachers, we are waiting for your inspiring stories about integrating digital #culturalheritage items in your teaching! Tell us how you raise students’ awareness of #climatechange, #citizenship, #genderequality and many more topics and be rewarded for the most innovative online implementation! Join the Europeana Education Competition 2020!
- > Competition open until 30 April
- > Read all the details here: bit.ly/europeana-edu-comp-2020
- > And explore the Teaching with Europeana blog resources: https://teachwitheuropeana.eun.org/
Are you looking for a new teaching challenge? The Europeana Education Competition 2020 is for you! Make your online classes even more inspiring by using #EuropeanaEducation resources and write a Story of e-Implementation about it! Curious? Check the competition page: bit.ly/europeana-edu-comp-2020
- Primary and secondary school #teachers, are you ready for a new challenge? Share your inspiring stories about integrating the digital #culturalheritage items of @Europeanaeu in your virtual classroom and enter the #EuropeanaEducation Competition 2020!
- Jump in the @Europeanaeu Education Competition 2020!
👥 Primary and secondary school #teachers
📚 Find innovative ways of using digital #culturalheritage in your virtual classroom
📝 Share your story about it
🏆 Be published on #TeachingwithEuropeana
- Did you read about the @Europeanaeu Education #Competition for primary & secondary school #teachers? Visit the Teaching with Europeana blog and find out how to participate! 👉 bit.ly/europeana-edu-comp-2020 #SDC20 #CulturalHeritage #STEAM #PBL #climatechange #genderequality #inclusion
- All you need to know about @Europeanaeu Education #Competition for primary & secondary school #teachers
📷 #STEAM & #culturalheritage
📜 Story of implementation & learning scenario
🗨️ #climatechange #genderequality #inclusion #citizenship
Jump in the Europeana Education Competition 2020!
Are you searching for innovative ways of using digital cultural heritage to raise your students’ awareness about today’s society’s big issues? Then this competition is for you! In collaboration with the 2020 STEM Discovery Campaign, the Europeana Education Competition 2020 is inviting primary and secondary school teachers of all subjects to use the teaching resources available on the Teaching with Europeana blog as a way of engaging pupils in topics such as climate change, gender equality, citizenship and many more!
To participate, teachers simply have to select a learning scenario on the Teaching with Europeana blog, implement it in their virtual classroom, and prepare their stories of implementation about it!
The competition will reward the most innovative online implementations in the following categories of submission:
- Implementing STEAM teaching with digital cultural heritage
- Teaching with digital cultural heritage in primary schools
- Teaching with digital cultural heritage in secondary schools
- Implementing project-based teaching with digital cultural heritage
- Integrating digital cultural heritage in cross-curricular and holistic topics in the classroom (e.g.: environmental education/climate change, gender equality/inclusion, citizenship, etc.)
- Implementing digital cultural heritage in the (virtual) classroom
What are the next steps?
From the 1st of March 2020, participants can:
- Choose which Europeana Education learning scenario works well in their virtual classrooms
- Implement the selected learning scenario in their virtual classroom and write a story about it
- Submit their work. The competition is open for submissions from March 2020 to 30 April 2020 at 23:59 Central European Time (CEST).
Interested? Don’t forget to:
- Check the competition’s page for more info
- Read the competition’s terms and conditions
- Explore the learning scenarios available on the Teaching with Europeana blog
- Fill in the submission form
The five winning teachers will be invited to a teacher training workshop with flights and accommodation covered to be held in Brussels on 28-29 August 2020!
The 10 finalists “Stories of Implementation” will be published online on the Teaching with Europeana blog.
All participants whose submissions comply with the Terms and Conditions of participation will receive a certificate of participation.