The selection of papers entitled “Social dynamics in Open Educational Practice” for the journal Alsic is being prepared and will be released in Fall 2016. Katerina Zourou is the guest editor of this collection, which is one of the outcomes of work package 6 package 6 “OER/OEP for language education” .
The accepted contributions are:
- Whyte, Shona. From solitary thinkiers to social actors: OER in multilingual CALL teacher education
- Pasfield, Sarah, Grant, Scott, MacKinnon, Teresa, Manns, Howard. A Meta-Analysis of Open Educational Communities of Practice and Sustainability in Higher Educational Policy.
- Blyth, Carl.Translingualism as an Open Educational Practice: The Case of Français interactif Facebook.
- Kurek, Gosia. Addressing cultural diversity in preparing teachers for openness: culturally sensitive appropriation of open content
- Zourou, Katerina. Social networking affordances for open educational language practice.
Jon Reinhardt, University of Arizona, is the author of the Introduction, and Steve Thorne, Portland State University, the author of the Epilogue.
The special issue is expected in early Fall 2016. All papers will be fully available online.
A peer-review process has been established in early 2015. From all abstracts submitted (10 abstracts), the editor have invited 7 authors to submit a full paper, of which 6 have been selected at the final round of review. Two among the selected contributions draw on results of the LangOER project, namely papers by Gosia Kurek and Katerina Zourou.