Author: Seyide EROĞLU
In this study, it is aimed to create awareness about “Covid-19” by taking STEM education into consideration. The students were asked to evaluate “Covid-19” with different aspects. These dimensions are listed below.
1. The effects of Covid-19 in the world and in our country,
2. Covid-19 disease progression, symptoms, source (information),
3. Methods of protection from Covid-19,
4. Ways to stay at home / spend time effectively at home,
5. The importance of science in combating the epidemic.
6. Occupations needed in the “Covid-19 process”:
- Artificial intelligence machine quality control element
- Robot welding operator
- information Technology
- Technical maintenance for electric cars
- Language speech therapist
- Solar system technical staff
- Digital advertising
- Database management
- R&D engineer
- E-commerce professional
- Cyber security expert
- Internet television
- Software support specialist
- Robot engineering
- Three-dimensional graphic animator
- Mobile developer
Together with the students, the above dimensions were examined in detail. Later, students were asked to design a poster describing any of these dimensions. In this process with students, general features of STEM disciplines – viruses (science); statistical calculations (mathematics); creation of posters with web 2 tools (technology); introducing poster design (engineering); were taken into consideration when creating posters.
A virtual exhibition was created with posters created by students.